Eating Blue Bell Ice Cream – Brenham, Texas
Home to my Favorite Ice Cream Stop
Blue Bell Creamery
- Check hours of operation as it can get busy during the weeks schools are in session (open Mon-Fri).
- Don’t forget your free ice cream at the end of the tour, but call first to see if tours are available (1-800-327-8135)
- If you don’t have time for the tour, or tour is closed, you can still visit the Ice Cream Parlor and Country Store.
Most Texans consider Blue Bell a basic food group, and in my humble unbiased opinion, Blue Bell is the best ice cream on the planet!
Lucky for me, I only live an hour from the creamery, and have taken their tour several times. For whatever reason, it never gets old watching ice cream being made, especially when there is free Blue Bell at the tour’s end!
Well, it’s 101 degrees outside, so I think I’ll get me a Blue Bell Cream Pop out of the freezer and go sit on the patio.
(update 2016: Blue Bell is being sold in select areas. I’m happy to say it is in my area and we are eating it regularly!)
For more photos and tips from Mrs. Padilly’s Texas Sightseeing trips, click links below:
- Cadillac Ranch
- Eating Blue Bell Ice Cream
- Springtime in Fredericksburg, Texas
- Texas Welcome Center – Orange, Texas
- The Eagle has Landed – Space Center Houston